Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 13 - Laundry

If you think the title of today's post is boring you've got a pretty good idea of how today went.  There has got to be something wrong about being in Vienna and having to do laundry.  Unfortunately I had run out of clean clothes and it had to be done.  Some of the participants went to a place that does it for you.  In addition to getting their clothes cleaned, they got their wallets cleaned out too.  I ended up at a laundromat.  I haven't used one of those since just after I got married.  My apartment still had a laundry room and Jen and I lived there until our first house was built.

During class (I'm not even going to bother with a smooth transition, so deal with it!) we discussed the majority of Act I of The Abduction from the Seraglio.  It was a decent discussion that went over the heads of a few of the non-musicians.  I know how they felt because some of the enlightenment discussions went a little into left field for me too.

The best part of the day was getting to Skype with Jen and Jade.  That always makes the day better.

That's it!  That's my day.  Now I've got to finish work on my class presentation for tomorrow.  If it goes well, I'll share.  If it doesn't go well. . . . . who really wants to hear about something that fails?

Sorry there aren't any pictures of great scenery, fabulous food or incredible buildings.  Today was just an average workday.  I promise to do better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment